Korean Ginseng, also referred to as Panax Ginseng, Asian Ginseng and Chinese Ginseng, is a species of plant, the root of which is the original source of ginseng. This perennial plant grows in the mountains of East Asia. (1)
Provides diverse wellness benefits
Ginseng has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. It contains two significant compounds called ginsenosides and gintonin. They complement each other to provide myriad health benefits. The herb can be eaten in raw form, made into tea or added to various dishes. It can be consumed as a powder, capsule or oil.
Some of the evidence-based benefits include: (2)
- It is popularly used as a herbal product to strengthen the immune system in healthy individuals and those suffering from deadly diseases like cancer. It has even shown efficacy to enhance the effects of certain vaccinations.
- It functions as a potent antioxidant to reduce inflammation and protect against oxidative stress.
- This alternative medicine benefits mental functioning and enhances feelings of calmness in both healthy individuals and those affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
- It alleviates symptoms of erectile dysfunction by reducing oxidative stress in tissues and augmenting the flow of blood to the penile muscles.
- The ginsenosides present in this herb regulate inflammation, provide antioxidant protection, and maintain the health of cells, which decreases the risk of certain types of cancer in the long run.
- It helps to combat fatigue and enhance physical activity by lowering oxidative damage. This increases energy production in the cells of the body.
- It is beneficial for people with diabetes since it helps increase insulin production and enhance blood sugar uptake in the cells.
The common side effects are as follows: (3)
- Allergic skinreactions
- Loss of appetite
- Painin the breasts
- Cholestatic hepatitis
- Fast heart rate
- High or low blood pressure
- Missed menstrualperiods/menstrual problems
- Spinning sensation(vertigo)
- Swelling (edema)
- Vaginal bleeding
- Very high fever
Before commencing on a course of this herbal product, a few precautions must be adhered to, namely: (4)
- The concerned doctor must be apprised if the patient suffers from a) diabetes, b) hormone-sensitive conditions such as breast, uterine or ovarian cancer, endometrioses or uterine fibroids, c) insomnia, d) schizophrenia and e) an upcoming surgery.
- It is not considered to be safe for usage during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- This medication should not be administered to any child without the prescription of a doctor.
- Stop taking Ginseng at least a fortnight before any surgery.
- Consult your doctor if the condition you are treating with this herb does not improve or worsens while using the product.
We promise a healthy life.
One of the market leaders in the pharmaceutical industry in India,Shubham Pharmachem is renowned for manufacturing top quality herbal extracts like Korean Ginseng. With more than 30 years of experience in the industry, this leading brand has sound market knowledge and access to the most powerful herbs in the world. The other products it has carved a niche for itself include Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, nutraceutical ingredients and cosmetic ingredients.
This dynamic organization is committed to enhance the quality of life by preventing and treating potent diseases with its vast repertoire of high-quality products.
For more details, visit www.shubham.co.in
Shubham Pharmachem’s blog posts have been written with the information gathered from approved medical journals and websites online. Our research and technical team strive to provide relevant information through such articles. We strongly advise readers to not consume or administer any medication without prior consultation with their doctor.
- Wikipedia [online]
- Healthline [online]
- RxList [online]
Available at :
- Drugs.com [online]