Commiphora Mukul or Guggul Gum is a traditional herbal medicine native to India. It helps lower cholesterol levels and decreases high blood pressure. Additionally, it treats obesity and weight-related conditions.
Phytosterols, guggulipid, and guggulsterone are the primary chemical constituents of Guggul. Guggul is the sticky gum resin derived from the Mukul myrrh tree. Traditionally, it is combined with other herbs to treat arthritis, skin diseases, obesity, digestive problems, infections in the mouth, and menstrual problems.
Benefits of Commiphora Mukul
- Managing cholesterol levels – Commiphora Mukul helps reduce high cholesterol. It lowers low-density lipoproteins while elevating the high-density lipoproteins. The gum extract inhibits the body’s cholesterol synthesis and promotes its degradation and excretion from the body.
- Lowers inflammation: In a condition of hypercholesterolemia, high doses of guggul extracts (2000 mg daily) help to decline high-sensitivity C-reactive proteins, linked significantly to atherosclerosis. It plays a significant role in every stage of plaque build-up.
- Reduces cell damage: Guggul therapy also helps reduce lipid peroxidation by 33% in patients with hypercholesterolemia. It involves the degradation of fat layers in cell membranes by free radicals, and is again a cardiovascular risk marker. Furthermore, the antioxidant properties of Commiphora Mukul help to reduce oxidative stress or damage to cells.
- Balances lipid levels: Commiphora Mukul can significantly reduce levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol as well as triglycerides. It also increases high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels. Thus, it helps to optimise the body cholesterol ratio.
- Prevents blood clots: Commiphora Mukul helps prevent blood platelet aggregation and breaks up already formed blood clots. Thus, it helps prevent heart disease and stroke.
Due to the presence of guggulsterone, Commiphora Mukul has anti-inflammatory properties. The Guggul lipid may also treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and reduce inflammation of the joints. It may work on inflammatory conditions like uveitis (inflammation of the eye’s uvea) and acute pancreatitis. Furthermore, the other roles played by Commiphora Mukul are:
- Spruce up Body Immunity- Guggul lipid influences the activity of white blood cells in the body and contributes to the build-up of the immune system.
- Fights Digestive Flora – Gum resin extracts fight bacteria that cause gastrointestinal problems like diarrhoea and fever, nausea, and vomiting. It is also anti-helminthic, helping you fight off infection by intestinal worms.
- Boost Metabolism and Fight Obesity – Guggul is also widely promoted as a weight loss agent that supposedly enhances thyroid function.
- Acts on Skin Conditions – Guggul extracts can boost the production of type I collagen, which strengthens skin cells and reduces the production of enzymes that damage skin. It makes the skin look smooth and reduces wrinkles, and it can also address acne.
- Treat Respiratory Conditions – Guggul may be used in Ayurveda to treat sinus problems and respiratory illnesses ranging from bronchitis and pharyngitis to coughs, colds, and asthma.
Commiphora Mukul is a one-stop herbal remedy finding wide acceptance due to its numerous health benefits.
Shubham Pharmachem: Providing the best in healthcare
Shubham Pharmachem is a merchant export and distribution organisation with core competencies in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), herbal extracts, nutraceutical ingredients and nutricosmetic ingredients, research-based formulations; and providing its services to other pharmaceutical companies since the 1990s. The company is committed to providing innovative solutions and caters to over 70 countries globally. High professional standards, diversification and expansion of businesses; have propelled the group turnover by 400% within ten years. Committed to the highest healthcare standards, Shubham Pharmachem has earned the trust of its national and global clientele through its strong company values of ethics, reliability and responsibility.
For enquiry on other products, visit www.shubham.co.in
Shubham Pharmachem’s blog posts comprise information gathered from approved medical journals and websites online. Our research and technical teams strive to provide relevant information through such articles. We strongly advise readers to not consume or administer any medication without prior consultation with their doctor.